An upset just out of reach…Daegu FC draws with Incheon despite strong start

It was a close call. Daegu FC drew with Incheon United in a close game at Anbang.

Daegu, who had won against Gwangju FC and Daejeon Hana Citizen in the previous round, were looking for their third straight win at DGB Daegu Bank Park (Daepak), but had to settle for a draw to pick up a point.

Daegu lined up in a 3-4-3 formation. Edgar, Sejingya, and Ko Jae-hyun were up front. Sejingya dropped slightly below Edgar and Ko to coordinate the attack. Hong Chul, Lee Yong-rae, Lee Jin-yong, and Hwang Jae-won held the midfield, while Cho Jin-woo, Hong Jung-woon, and Kim Jin-hyuk formed the back three. Choi Young-eun was in goal. Park Se-jin and Keita were the only other starters.메이저사이트

From the beginning of the first half, it was a one-on-one battle. In the seventh minute, Daegu opened the scoring with a mid-range shot from Sejingya, which was blocked by Incheon goalkeeper Lee Tae-hee. Incheon heavily marked Sejingya to stop Daegu’s counterattack. When Sejingya got the ball and wanted to attack, she was fouled.

With neither side linking up their attacks smoothly, Daegu took the lead. In the 30th minute, Incheon Gerso won the ball on the left side of the Daegu penalty box and cut it back, and Shin Shin-ho received the pass and fired a mid-range shot to open the Daegu goal.

However, Edgar’s header and Lee Jin-yong’s mid-range shot failed to open the Incheon goal. In first-half stoppage time, there was a chance for a counter-attack. After receiving a pass, Go Jae-hyun rushed to the right side of the Incheon goal and fired a shot from mid-range that went wide of the target.

Five minutes into the second half, Daegu equalised. Sejingya’s corner kick was cleared by Edgar. Edgar got behind the opposition defence and rattled the Incheon goal with a header. Daepak jumped up and down, and the fans cheered louder.

In the 11th minute of the second half, he pulled a goal back. Sejingya drove the ball into the centre of the opponent’s box and passed it to Hwang Jae-won, who made a run down the right and sent a short cross to the left of the Incheon box. Edgar, who was behind the defence, rushed forward and headed it in for his second goal of the season and the game-winning goal.

In the 18th minute of the second half, Daegu avoided a crucial goal. A video review confirmed a foul by the Daegu defence and awarded a penalty kick, but Incheon’s Hernandez’s shot hit the crossbar and rebounded. Daegu utilised the speed of Vasellus, who was substituted for Hong Chul, to threaten the opposition goal, but were denied victory in stoppage time by Incheon’s Hong Si-hoo.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *