Samsung showed their fighting spirit. He caught KT and escaped from a 13-game losing streak.
Seoul Samsung won 73-70 in a match against Suwon KT in the 2022-2023 SKT A-Dot Professional Basketball Round 5 held at Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium on the 2nd. broke a 13-game losing streak. The season record was 11 wins and 26 losses.
Kim Si-rae (178cm, G) took the center. He ran non-stop in karate. Lee Jung-hyun (191cm, G) also scored the final goal. Anthony Moss (200cm, C) also played a solid role.
1Q. Seoul Samsung 21-18 Suwon KT: Strong will to escape losing streak
[Samsung-KT starting list]
– Seoul Samsung: Kim Si-rae – Lee Dong-yeop – Shin Dong-hyuk – Jang Min-guk – Anthony Moss
* Darall Willis-Cha Min-seok, absent due to injury
* Anthony Moss, Season 2 2nd starting business trip
– Suwon KT: Jeong Seong-woo – Han Hee-won – Yang Hong-seok – Jarrod Jones – Ha Yoon-ki
Samsung, who lost 13 consecutive losses, faced injury again. 1 Option Foreign players Dalall Willis (202cm, F) and Cha Min-seok (200cm, F) missed the game that day.
Samsung coach Eun Hee-seok announced the news of the injury before the game and expressed his feelings, “Now, when it comes to injuries, my teeth tremble. It’s really frustrating.” This is because Samsung already lost Lee Won-seok (207cm, C) and Jo Woo-seong (206cm, C) due to injury.
However, the will of the Samsung players to break out of the losing streak was strong. Prior to the match, we conducted additional training and even camped out at a hotel. It was not scattered like grains of sand. With Lee Jung-hyun at the center, they came together tightly.
Samsung, who started the game with Jang Min-guk (199cm, F)’s 3-point shot, added the points of Kim Si-rae (178cm, G) and Anthony Moss (200cm, C) to lead 13-6.
KT also made use of its strength under the goal after the introduction of Lester Prosper (204cm, C). It devastated Samsung, who gave Moss a break. Yang Hong-seok (195cm, F) even made a 3-point shot.
Even so, Samsung kept its early lead well. The will to escape the losing streak was strong.
2Q. Seoul Samsung 38-33 Suwon KT: Pillar of
Samsung [Samsung’s first half major player record]
– Anthony Moss: 16:28, 12 points (2 points: 5/8), 7 rebounds (attack 3), 2 blocked shots
* Among players from both teams Most points in the first half (tied with KT Yang Hong-seok)
* Most rebounds in the first half among
players from both teams * Most offensive rebounds in the first half among players from both teams
– Kim Si-rae: 11 minutes and 56 seconds, 7 points (free throw: 4/4) 1 rebound, 2 assists, 2 steals
– Jang Min-guk: 11 minutes 20 seconds, 7 points (field: 3/4) 3 rebounds 1 assist 1 steal
– Lee Jung-hyun: 6 minutes 18 seconds, 6 points 1 assist
Samsung ran faster from the 2nd quarter. In the transition situation, he completed the goal with a fast break.
Five domestic players were put in to arrange Moss’ stamina, but he was not pushed back at all. Kim Seung-won (202cm, C) and Kim Han-sol (198cm, F) did not spare their physical fight.
Kim Si-rae took the center of Samsung. He showed a high level of activity in the karate. He won a free throw by actively breaking through using speed.
Samsung overcame KT’s 토토사이트counterattack at the end of the second quarter with Jarod Jones (208cm, F) at the fore. Morse’s fighting spirit was outstanding. Samsung maintained its lead with block shots and offensive rebounds.
Si-rae Kim and Moss were the two pillars of Samsung. They had no brakes.
3Q. Suwon KT 51-51 Seoul Samsung: Yang Hong-seok, fly
[KT Yang Hong-seok recorded up to the 3rd quarter]
– 29 minutes 25 seconds, 19 points (2 points: 6/9, 3 points: 2/3) 4 rebounds (attack 1) 1 assist 1 block shot
* Most points scored by 3rd quarter among
players from both teams * Most 3-pointers scored by 3rd quarter among players from both teams
Samsung tied KT’s first half score to 33 points. Swamp basketball, seen in the first round, was revived.
KT could not easily attack Samsung’s dense team defense. Yang Hong-seok (195cm, F) struggled alone.
With Jang Min-guk’s goal, Samsung took a 9-point lead with 5 minutes and 3 seconds remaining in the third quarter. KT’s third quarter score was tied to 5 points in 5 minutes and 14 seconds.
KT also launched a counterattack. Ha Yoon-gi (204cm, C), who was sluggish with 2 points in the first half, gained strength. He scored with his mid-range jumper and bottom-of-the-box attack.
Yang Hong-seok then flew. A three-point shot and breakthrough tied the score with 35 seconds left in the third quarter (51-51). The game moved into the 4th quarter.
4Q. Seoul Samsung 73-70 Suwon KT : Steel, Steel, Steel
[Samsung’s 13th consecutive loss breakout log]
1. December 22, vs Goyang Carrot (Goyang Gymnasium): 72-93 (loss)2. December 24, vs Wonju DB (Wonju Gymnasium): 79-80 (loss) )3. December 25, vs Seoul SK (Jamsil Student Gymnasium): 64-82 (Loss)4. December 30, vs Suwon KT (Suwon KT Arena): 78-88 (Loss)5. January 1 Sun, vs Seoul SK (Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium): 67-86 (Loss)6. January 5th, vs Changwon LG (Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium): 68-79 (Loss)7. January 7th, vs Daegu Korea Gas Construction (Daegu Gymnasium): 77-83 (Loss)8. January 8th, vs Jeonju KCC (Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium): 58-68 (Losses)9. January 19th, vs Suwon KT (Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium): 66-77 (Loss)10. January 21st, vs Wonju DB (Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium): 82-85 (Loss)11. January 22nd, vs Anyang KGC (Anyang Indoor Gymnasium): 66-91 (Loss)12. January 27, vs Ulsan Hyundai Mobis (Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium): 70-85 (Loss)13. January 30, vs Goyang Carrot (Goyang Indoor Gymnasium): 65-68 (Loss)
14. February 2 Sun, vs Suwon KT (Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium): 73-70 (win)KT was the team that took the lead in the 4th quarter. Prosper hit a dunk and a 3-pointer in a row.Samsung also caught up with Moss and Lee Dong-yeop (193cm, G) scoring. He didn’t hesitate to throw himself.Samsung’s will to escape the losing streak was stronger than ever. After relentless pursuit, Moss scored a turnaround with 5 minutes and 45 seconds left in the game (63-62).KT immediately turned around with Ha Yoon-gi’s two free throws. However, Jones was ejected for five fouls.If Samsung followed, KT was running away. The Samsung players showed their fighting spirit to get offensive rebounds and loose balls. Lee Dong-yeop narrowed the score to 1 point again with a mid-range jumper in the corner 1 minute and 5 seconds before the end of the game (69-70). It created KT’s operation time.After that, Kim Si-rae broke KT’s attack with a steel. Lee Jung-hyeon (191cm, G) did not miss the chance to break through. It was a reverse.KT’s next attack opportunity was also blocked by Kim Seung-won (202cm, C)’s steal. Lee Jung-hyun made two free throws made by KT’s foul strategy.KT’s last chance to attack was also blocked by Moss with a steal. The long, long 13-game losing streak ended.